Loudoun Grand Jury indicts 50, including man charged with murder
Leesburg Police said Marco Corletto, 43, stabbed his wife, Roxana Rico, 31, inside their 125 Clubhouse Drive apartment.
When police arrived around 2 p.m., they also found Corletto suffering from self-inflicted stab wounds to his arms. Rico died shortly after arriving at Fairfax Inova Hospital.
A jury trial for Corletto is tentatively scheduled for Dec. 15-19 in Loudoun Circuit Court.
Other noteworthy indictments included:
* Shahrzad Bathai of Sterling was indicted for possession of a controlled substance I or II and possession with intent to distribute heroin. He was arrested Jan. 30.
* Chad Denard Ellerbe, 25, of Sterling, was indicted for aggravated malicious wounding after he stabbed a woman in Sterling on May 25.
* Jose Noe Garcia Granados of Chantilly was indicted on charges of malicious wounding and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony stemming from a June 24 incident.
* Rocio Antonieta Gonzalez Soriano of Sterling was indicted for child abuse and neglect, hit and run – attended property, DUI, no operator license, obstruction of justice and driving with an open container. He was arrested June 9 – a day after the incident.
* Nicholas Paul Leasure of Leesburg was indicted on charges of strangling another to cause wounding or injury and obstruction of justice stemming from a June 24 incident.
* Tchalim Koboa Lidawo of Ashburn was indicted on charges of attempted rape and abduction with intent to defile after a June 30 incident.
* Jeffrey Edward Preston of Sterling was indicted on charges of strangling another to cause injury, destroying personal property and unlawful use of, or injury to, telephone lines after a May 10 incident.
* Brayan Esau Rivas of Alexandria was indicted on charges of street robbery with a gun, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, abduction with intent to extort money, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony – subsequent offense and conspiracy to commit felony stemming from a June 23 incident.
* Vasyl Rublyov of Falls Church was indicted on two counts of aggravated sexual battery stemming from a Nov. 12 incident.
* David Andrew Southers of Richmond was indicted on charges of rape and sodomy following a June 21 incident.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Great night to be a Viking: Valley wins three Conference 28 championships
- Group focuses on ‘Building the new Northern Virginia economy’
- MORE: Footage shows 263 missing Loudoun SAT tests left building in UPS possession
- Farm-to-Fork brings together Loudoun—both east and west
- Reston man sentenced to 29 years for rape of child