Loudoun Sheriff’s Office seeking caller who provided tip in 2001 homicide
Ursula Haberland was found dead inside her home in the 21700 block of Greengarden Road on Aug. 23, 2001.
The LCSO Cold Case Unit would like to hear from this caller, as they have follow-up questions pertaining to the original call. The caller can remain anonymous by calling Loudoun County Crime Solvers at 703-777-1919. They may also contact Detective D. Canham at 703-737-8461 or Detective M. Bush at 703-777-0533.
“Detectives with the Cold Case Unit believe that there is outstanding information which could be the key to solving this senseless act of violence,” said Loudoun Sheriff Mike Chapman in a prepared statement.
Chapman implemented a cold case initiative upon taking office in January 2012 to take a closer look at unsolved cases the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office has investigated in past years.
In August 2012, detectives conducted door-to-door interviews in her neighborhood and performed traffic stops near the victim's home.
Haberland’s cold case is one of 17 the unit is working on.
For more information on the Haberland case and for case updates, or to submit a tip online, visit http://sheriff.loudoun.gov/haberland .
Be the first to post a comment!
- Finding room: What might get sacrificed in Loudoun’s capital budget for two new schools
- Middleburg, Distilled: Mt. Defiance Cidery and Distillery opens to the public
- UPDATE: Three Loudoun supervisors considering raising taxes to fund education
- UPDATE: Contender for School Board At Large seat enters ring
- 2015 Virginia legislative session wraps up with ethics rules