Loudoun’s 2014 Fill-the-Boot kicks off for Muscular Dystrophy
Firefighters across the nation will be out in the community collecting money to benefit the MDA and “Jerry’s Kids.”
The Loudoun County Fire-Rescue System and the Loudoun Career Fire Fighters Association (LCFFA) Local 3756 are determined to help. During the week of Aug. 27-31, donations will be collected at various locations across Loudoun County.
The Fill-the-Boot drive is the result of a partnership between MDA and the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF). For 60 years the IAFF has pledged to assist MDA in any way possible until a cure was found. Research and assistance for individuals suffering from neuromuscular disease can be an incredible financial burden on a family.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition
- UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating stabbing death
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget