Loudoun’s 2014 Fill-the-Boot kicks off for Muscular Dystrophy
Firefighters across the nation will be out in the community collecting money to benefit the MDA and “Jerry’s Kids.”
The Loudoun County Fire-Rescue System and the Loudoun Career Fire Fighters Association (LCFFA) Local 3756 are determined to help. During the week of Aug. 27-31, donations will be collected at various locations across Loudoun County.
The Fill-the-Boot drive is the result of a partnership between MDA and the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF). For 60 years the IAFF has pledged to assist MDA in any way possible until a cure was found. Research and assistance for individuals suffering from neuromuscular disease can be an incredible financial burden on a family.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Virginia lawmakers express concerns over proposed EPA rules
- Rolling Stone article on culture of rape at UVA: ‘Instantly all anyone could talk about’
- Eastern District collects $24 million in debts in fiscal 2014
- Mathias and his team unleashing childhood cancer awareness
- ‘This is My Brave’: Community responds to growing suicide, depression rates