Lovettsville Town Council approves design for new community center
Mayor Bob Zoldos, in his weekly newsletter, added “The Town Council and I really enjoyed the Historic Preservation Planners’ take on the new building options and agreed with many of you who emailed us and moved to support option #2.” The mayor said the town will forward their decision to Loudoun Supervisor Geary Higgins to move the process forward.
This is hardly the end of the story for the new community center, however. In what promises to be a well-attended, and potentially raucous meeting, the Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on April 23 at 7:30 p.m. to discuss awarding a Conditional Use Permit necessary to tear down the old building and begin construction on the new center, anticipated to begin in 2016.
Be the first to post a comment!
- UPDATE: Three Loudoun supervisors considering raising taxes to fund education
- Charter school amendment approved in General Assembly session
- UPDATE: Contender for School Board At Large seat enters ring
- 2015 Virginia legislative session wraps up with ethics rules
- Stone Bridge rallies past O’Connell in hockey championship game