Lovettsville Town Council approves design for new community center
Mayor Bob Zoldos, in his weekly newsletter, added “The Town Council and I really enjoyed the Historic Preservation Planners’ take on the new building options and agreed with many of you who emailed us and moved to support option #2.” The mayor said the town will forward their decision to Loudoun Supervisor Geary Higgins to move the process forward.
This is hardly the end of the story for the new community center, however. In what promises to be a well-attended, and potentially raucous meeting, the Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on April 23 at 7:30 p.m. to discuss awarding a Conditional Use Permit necessary to tear down the old building and begin construction on the new center, anticipated to begin in 2016.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Northern Virginia search and rescue members return from Nepal
- Leesburg elementary student injured in bus incident
- Mary Watson-DeLauder: At your service
- Holiday travel volume in Virginia expected to be highest in a decade
- MWAA vice president floats idea of residential at Dulles Airport’s ‘Western Lands’