Mack truck collision shuts down Ashburn roads
At around 3:52 p.m., a 1995 Mack dump truck was attempting to turn eastbound onto Ryan Road from Willington Square when it pulled in front of two oncoming vehicles heading westbound. The first car was able to avoid the Mack truck, but the second vehicle, a 2006 Ford F150, hit the dump truck near the fuel tank. Fuel spilled from the car, prompting a response from the Loudoun County Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management, the Loudoun County Fire and Rescue HazMat Response Unit, the Loudoun County Fire Marshal's Office and the Virginia Department of Transportation, in addition to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and the Crash Reconstruction Unit.
Police had to direct traffic for the nearly four hours roads were affected.
The driver of the dump truck, Geovanni Benitez-Giron, 38, of Sterling, was charged with reckless driving.
Be the first to post a comment!
- More costs, delays for Metro’s Silver Line to Loudoun
- Wason Center poll: Jeb Bush surpasses Hillary Clinton in Virginia
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter