Mall groper arrested in Sterling
A Sterling man has been charged with a series of assaults against area women, including two at the Dulles Town Center mall bathroom.
Meredith S. Wyatt, 23, faces five counts of simple assault.
Wyatt was identified June 2 after he participated in an assault at the Safeway at 22350 S. Sterling Blvd., where a 27-year-old woman was repeatedly touched from behind. Wyatt was arrested at the grocery store and charged with two counts of simple assault.
Police investigation connected Wyatt to two incidents at the mall on May 14 and May 30. In the first case, Wyatt touched a 62-year-old woman from an adjacent stall in the women's bathroom. In the second situation, Wyatt grabbed a 16-year-old girl in the bathroom from a neighboring stall.
On May 25, Wyatt also grabbed a 57-year-old woman from behind on the 200 block of West Holly Avenue.
Wyatt is currently being held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center on no bond.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Residential helipad passes planning, on to the full board
- MORE: McAuliffe proposes changes to Virginia state budget
- Loudoun Wine: ‘We get up with the sun and live and die by the weather’
- Native Run: Home in Leesburg for the holidays
- Communication breakdown: Lockdown at LCHS spurs discussion on info protocol in schools