Mall slasher sentenced to seven years in prison
According to police, between Feb. 11, 2011 and July 25, 2011, five slashing victims told police they were cut while shopping at Fair Oaks Mall: two at Tysons Corner Center, one at Fairfax Towne Center, and one at Greenbriar Shopping Center in Chantilly.
In each case, a man distracted his victims before cutting them across their rears with a sharp object.
The attacks stopped in September 2011 after several media reports identified Pimentel as the suspect.
All nine victims were girls or women in their teens or early 20s. The oldest was 25, police said. None of the injuries were reported to have been severe enough to require hospitalization.
After a police investigation, Pimentel was charged with six counts of malicious wounding, two counts of attempted malicious wounding, and one count of forging a public document. Each count of malicious wounding and attempted malicious wounding is a Class 3 felony and carries a potential sentence of five to 20 years in prison and up to a $100,000 fine.
Pimentel fled the country in late 2011, but was arrested in Lima, Peru, early last year. He then was extradited and handed over to the U.S. Marshals Service, who transported him to Fairfax County in December.
“We could not have accomplished his extradition without the help of Peruvian officials and the U.S. Marshals Service,” Fairfax County police spokesman Eddy Azcarate said.
In a plea agreement earlier this year, Pimentel pleaded guilty to two counts each of malicious wounding and unlawful wounding in four of the attacks, in return for a combined maximum sentence of seven years in prison.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EDITORIAL: The right to know comes home at Montpelier
- EXCLUSIVE: LCPS officials recommended Dominion teacher for new job after alleged incident
- Warrant: Ashburn house fire could have been intentionally set
- Ashburn murder verdict upheld, sentencing set for Friday
- LCPS reported allegations against former Dominion teacher to police in 2014
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.