Man arrested on Loudoun gun charge may be tied to Alexandria killings
Charles A. Severance, 53, was arrested March 13 in Wheeling, W.V. on a charge of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Severance's long, gray beard and some facial features match the sketch released of the man suspected to have killed an Alexandria teacher. Ruthanne Lodato, 59, was shot when she answered her door Feb. 6.
Investigators have stated that Lodato's killing may be related to two other murders in Alexandria that took place in 2003 and 2013.
Severance is currently being held at the Northern Regional Jail on a $100,000 bond.
- Holding court: Falcons, Raiders win state volleyball titles
- Former Sen. Jim Webb forms exploratory committee for White House
- 2015 Future Leaders Scholarship Award
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey