Man arrested on Loudoun gun charge may be tied to Alexandria killings
Charles A. Severance, 53, was arrested March 13 in Wheeling, W.V. on a charge of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Severance's long, gray beard and some facial features match the sketch released of the man suspected to have killed an Alexandria teacher. Ruthanne Lodato, 59, was shot when she answered her door Feb. 6.
Investigators have stated that Lodato's killing may be related to two other murders in Alexandria that took place in 2003 and 2013.
Severance is currently being held at the Northern Regional Jail on a $100,000 bond.
- State lawmakers sign letter to ATF opposing proposed ammo ban
- Foodies rejoice part 2: More restaurant options in Loudoun
- Loudoun Commonwealth’s Attorney endorses Noble for sheriff
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse