Man arrested on Loudoun gun charge may be tied to Alexandria killings
Charles A. Severance, 53, was arrested March 13 in Wheeling, W.V. on a charge of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Severance's long, gray beard and some facial features match the sketch released of the man suspected to have killed an Alexandria teacher. Ruthanne Lodato, 59, was shot when she answered her door Feb. 6.
Investigators have stated that Lodato's killing may be related to two other murders in Alexandria that took place in 2003 and 2013.
Severance is currently being held at the Northern Regional Jail on a $100,000 bond.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Running against the wind in Leesburg mayoral race
- Dominion performing natural gas venting in Loudoun, no danger to residents
- Wire haired dachshund has big fan following in Lottesville race
- Aldie man charged in hit and run incident
- Purcellville town hall to focus on online safety for children
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.