Man caught with gun at Dulles Airport checkpoint
The Transportation Security Administration says officers detected the handgun with five rounds of ammunition in the man's carry-on bag Sunday. Airport police confiscated the weapon and cited the man on a state weapons charge.
The TSA says there was no impact to airport operations. The man was allowed to board his flight.
This is the third gun TSA officers have detected at checkpoints this calendar year.
The agency says passengers are allowed to travel with guns only in their checked bags if they are unloaded, properly packed and declared. Passengers who bring guns to security checkpoints could face criminal charges and penalties up to $11,000.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Memo to Loudoun’s supervisors: Learning is OK
- Middleburg Community Charter School bounces back after controversy
- Loudoun Interfaith Relief changes its name, celebrates 25 years of serving county’s hungry
- Chick-fil-A opens in South Riding
- Dominion to hold second round of venting in Loudoun on Oct. 3
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.