Man caught with gun at Dulles Airport checkpoint
The Transportation Security Administration says officers detected the handgun with five rounds of ammunition in the man's carry-on bag Sunday. Airport police confiscated the weapon and cited the man on a state weapons charge.
The TSA says there was no impact to airport operations. The man was allowed to board his flight.
This is the third gun TSA officers have detected at checkpoints this calendar year.
The agency says passengers are allowed to travel with guns only in their checked bags if they are unloaded, properly packed and declared. Passengers who bring guns to security checkpoints could face criminal charges and penalties up to $11,000.
- Ashburn man charged with involuntary manslaughter following car surfing incident
- Bob McDonnell’s sister details communication woes
- George Mason comes to Loudoun; provides more education options
- Leesburg girl takes fencing to the hilt
- Love of children and cooking put Lansdowne vet in national spotlight