Man caught with gun at Dulles Airport checkpoint
The Transportation Security Administration says officers detected the handgun with five rounds of ammunition in the man's carry-on bag Sunday. Airport police confiscated the weapon and cited the man on a state weapons charge.
The TSA says there was no impact to airport operations. The man was allowed to board his flight.
This is the third gun TSA officers have detected at checkpoints this calendar year.
The agency says passengers are allowed to travel with guns only in their checked bags if they are unloaded, properly packed and declared. Passengers who bring guns to security checkpoints could face criminal charges and penalties up to $11,000.
- 2015 Virginia legislative session wraps up with ethics rules
- Stone Bridge rallies past O’Connell in hockey championship game
- MORE: Va. lawmakers approve budget with state pay raises
- Woodgrove high schooler to take Philly Eagles linebacker to prom
- Growing Islamophobia a concern for ADAMS Center in Sterling