Man dies in Lovettsville car wreck
At around 10 a.m., the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office responded to a wreck on Berlin Turnpike near Householder Road in Lovettsville, where a 2011 Hyundai Genesis had veered off the road and hit a utility pole. Live wires covered the car.
George M. Newton, 71, died at the scene. A preliminary investigation indicates that Newton may have suffered a medical emergency before the crash. His death is still under investigation by the Office of the Medical Examiner. A 13-year-old boy was also in the car and suffered minor injuries. He was taken to the Leesburg branch of Inova Loudoun Hospital.
Because of the damage to the utility pole and the live wires, Virginia Dominion Power also responded to the scene. Roads were closed or limited for more than an hour as repairs were completed.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Micro and farm breweries poised to boom in Loudoun
- EDITORIAL: A Thanksgiving party to grow hops, not houses
- Men used sledgehammer to smash counter at Dulles jewelry store; high-priced watches stolen
- Gov. McAuliffe says Virginia economy ‘perilous’
- New minimum wage legislation faces tough road in 2015