Man dies in Lovettsville car wreck
At around 10 a.m., the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office responded to a wreck on Berlin Turnpike near Householder Road in Lovettsville, where a 2011 Hyundai Genesis had veered off the road and hit a utility pole. Live wires covered the car.
George M. Newton, 71, died at the scene. A preliminary investigation indicates that Newton may have suffered a medical emergency before the crash. His death is still under investigation by the Office of the Medical Examiner. A 13-year-old boy was also in the car and suffered minor injuries. He was taken to the Leesburg branch of Inova Loudoun Hospital.
Because of the damage to the utility pole and the live wires, Virginia Dominion Power also responded to the scene. Roads were closed or limited for more than an hour as repairs were completed.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Former Loudoun Democrats chairman who left party launches bid for supervisor
- From quarry to community: Looking at the huge Waterside development application
- Loudoun photographers earn honors, work on display in Herndon
- MORE: Critics say Virginia ethics bill won’t prevent another scandal
- West End Wine Bar and Pub to open in Purcellville