Man dies in Lovettsville car wreck
At around 10 a.m., the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office responded to a wreck on Berlin Turnpike near Householder Road in Lovettsville, where a 2011 Hyundai Genesis had veered off the road and hit a utility pole. Live wires covered the car.
George M. Newton, 71, died at the scene. A preliminary investigation indicates that Newton may have suffered a medical emergency before the crash. His death is still under investigation by the Office of the Medical Examiner. A 13-year-old boy was also in the car and suffered minor injuries. He was taken to the Leesburg branch of Inova Loudoun Hospital.
Because of the damage to the utility pole and the live wires, Virginia Dominion Power also responded to the scene. Roads were closed or limited for more than an hour as repairs were completed.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Ashburn couple indicted in $20M visa fraud scheme
- EDITORIAL: Sister cities bring junkets and jokes, not economic development
- Trump campaign chairman in Virginia to run for governor
- As Purcellville confronts more growth, mayor and council races turn contentious
- Significant premium hikes expected under Obama health law—especially in Va.