Update: Man killed in car crash in Ashburn, speed a factor
According to a report from the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to Old Ryan Road, just west of Croson Lane, at 6 a.m. with reports of a wreck. A 2004 Hyundai Elantra had crashed into an utility pole, splitting the pole in half.
The car's lone occupant, August Krier, 20, of Herndon was pronounced dead at the scene.
There were no witnesses to the crash, but police now believe the wreck occurred around 1:40 a.m. There are currently no indications Krier was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, but a toxicology report is pending.
Speed is believed to be a factor in the crash.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Loudoun detectives seek public’s help in identifying Ashburn armed robbery suspect
- Supervisors initiate boundary line adjustment process between Middleburg, Loudoun County
- Loudoun deputies file new search warrant in Bethany Decker missing person case
- Biometric identification platform opens at Dulles, Reagan Airports
- Loudoun ranked as Virginia’s best for business investment