Update: Man killed in car crash in Ashburn, speed a factor
According to a report from the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to Old Ryan Road, just west of Croson Lane, at 6 a.m. with reports of a wreck. A 2004 Hyundai Elantra had crashed into an utility pole, splitting the pole in half.
The car's lone occupant, August Krier, 20, of Herndon was pronounced dead at the scene.
There were no witnesses to the crash, but police now believe the wreck occurred around 1:40 a.m. There are currently no indications Krier was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, but a toxicology report is pending.
Speed is believed to be a factor in the crash.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- House, Senate pass separate proffer bills loathed by Loudoun County
- UPDATE: Councilman Dave Butler tapped for interim mayor post
- Purcellville’s assistant town manager looks to the future
- Seven Loudoun wineries take gold in prestigious Governor’s Cup Wine Competition
- UPDATE: Loudoun County Public School after school activities canceled today