Update: Man killed in car crash in Ashburn, speed a factor
According to a report from the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to Old Ryan Road, just west of Croson Lane, at 6 a.m. with reports of a wreck. A 2004 Hyundai Elantra had crashed into an utility pole, splitting the pole in half.
The car's lone occupant, August Krier, 20, of Herndon was pronounced dead at the scene.
There were no witnesses to the crash, but police now believe the wreck occurred around 1:40 a.m. There are currently no indications Krier was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, but a toxicology report is pending.
Speed is believed to be a factor in the crash.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Commentary: In Loudoun, a mismatch between need and affluence
- State employees to get pay raises in new budget
- Groups laud Virginia, Sen. Black for outlawing female circumcision
- MORE: 10th District town hall goes on without Rep. Comstock
- Leesburg attorney challenging waitress’ claim of racist message on receipt
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.