McAuliffe appoints six to transportation board
The Democratic governor announced the appointments Thursday. Four of the new appointees replace board members whose terms expire June 30.
The 18-member recently presented its six-year, $13.1 billion plan for funding highway and transit projects. The board is scheduled to vote on the plan in July.
McAuliffe said he wanted to appoint board members who share his vision early enough to participate in the decision-making.
The new members are former state Del. Shannon Valentine of Lynchburg, former state Sen. Marty Williams of Richmond, former state Secretary of Education Jim Dyke of Reston, Roanoke Vice Mayor Court Rosen, former Deputy Secretary of Transportation Scott Kasprowicz of Middleburg and Center for Innovative Technology executive Henry Connors of Fredericksburg.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Ashburn couple indicted in $20M visa fraud scheme
- EDITORIAL: Sister cities bring junkets and jokes, not economic development
- Three arrested and charged in early-Thursday Ashburn burglaries
- Hamilton Town Councilman Dimitri Kesari found guilty in second federal corruption trial
- ‘Endless possibilities’ the theme of Loudoun County economic summit