McAuliffe appoints six to transportation board
The Democratic governor announced the appointments Thursday. Four of the new appointees replace board members whose terms expire June 30.
The 18-member recently presented its six-year, $13.1 billion plan for funding highway and transit projects. The board is scheduled to vote on the plan in July.
McAuliffe said he wanted to appoint board members who share his vision early enough to participate in the decision-making.
The new members are former state Del. Shannon Valentine of Lynchburg, former state Sen. Marty Williams of Richmond, former state Secretary of Education Jim Dyke of Reston, Roanoke Vice Mayor Court Rosen, former Deputy Secretary of Transportation Scott Kasprowicz of Middleburg and Center for Innovative Technology executive Henry Connors of Fredericksburg.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Sterling woman arrested for sacrificing chickens appeals for custody of seized rooster
- Joe Montano, regional director for Sen. Kaine’s office, dies at 47
- Leesburg Town Council denies Crescent Parke rezoning
- Leesburg names new police chief after extensive search
- Redskins Park renamed in partnership with Inova Hospital