McAuliffe creates ‘Children’s Cabinet’
McAuliffe announced Monday at the William Byrd Community House in Richmond that the cabinet will help foster collaboration between various state and local agencies.
The governor said one of his top priorities would be to help improve schools in low-income communities.
Several of the governor's cabinet members will be part of the new group, as well as First Lady Dorothy McAuliffe.
The governor also created the Commonwealth Council on Childhood Success. It will be led by Lt. Gov. Ralph Northam (D).
Both groups were created by executive order.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- VP nominee Pence visits Loudoun County, says Trump is a uniter
- Virginia Republicans opt for primary nomination in 2017
- Man robbed, assaulted in Sterling
- Inaugural ‘It Takes Our Village’ event aims to help Loudoun’s domestically abused
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office releases composite sketch of alleged W&OD Trail Sterling attacker
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.