McAuliffe creates ‘Children’s Cabinet’
McAuliffe announced Monday at the William Byrd Community House in Richmond that the cabinet will help foster collaboration between various state and local agencies.
The governor said one of his top priorities would be to help improve schools in low-income communities.
Several of the governor's cabinet members will be part of the new group, as well as First Lady Dorothy McAuliffe.
The governor also created the Commonwealth Council on Childhood Success. It will be led by Lt. Gov. Ralph Northam (D).
Both groups were created by executive order.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Group focuses on ‘Building the new Northern Virginia economy’
- MORE: Footage shows 263 missing Loudoun SAT tests left building in UPS possession
- Farm-to-Fork brings together Loudoun—both east and west
- Reston man sentenced to 29 years for rape of child
- Hillsboro man drives truck off Leesburg Parking Garage