McAuliffe creates ‘Children’s Cabinet’
McAuliffe announced Monday at the William Byrd Community House in Richmond that the cabinet will help foster collaboration between various state and local agencies.
The governor said one of his top priorities would be to help improve schools in low-income communities.
Several of the governor's cabinet members will be part of the new group, as well as First Lady Dorothy McAuliffe.
The governor also created the Commonwealth Council on Childhood Success. It will be led by Lt. Gov. Ralph Northam (D).
Both groups were created by executive order.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Stone Bridge rallies past O’Connell in hockey championship game
- MORE: Va. lawmakers approve budget with state pay raises
- Woodgrove high schooler to take Philly Eagles linebacker to prom
- Growing Islamophobia a concern for ADAMS Center in Sterling
- The beat goes on: Fund our schools, Loudoun education advocates plead