McAuliffe creates ‘Children’s Cabinet’
McAuliffe announced Monday at the William Byrd Community House in Richmond that the cabinet will help foster collaboration between various state and local agencies.
The governor said one of his top priorities would be to help improve schools in low-income communities.
Several of the governor's cabinet members will be part of the new group, as well as First Lady Dorothy McAuliffe.
The governor also created the Commonwealth Council on Childhood Success. It will be led by Lt. Gov. Ralph Northam (D).
Both groups were created by executive order.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Commentary: In Loudoun, a mismatch between need and affluence
- MORE: 10th District town hall goes on without Rep. Comstock
- Leesburg attorney challenging waitress’ claim of racist message on receipt
- Loudoun supervisors approve Lidl-anchored commercial development in Broadlands
- Lawmakers say new state budget is bad news for Loudoun County judiciary
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.