McAuliffe heads West to fundraise
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe is planning a trip to Los Angeles and Aspen, Colorado, to fundraise for his political action committee.
McAuliffe is scheduled to be in Los Angeles on Wednesday for a fundraiser hosted by billionaire grocery store magnate Ron Burkle, according to McAuliffe aide Michael Halle.
Thursday the Democratic governor is set to attend an Aspen fundraiser hosted by Samia Farouki, the wife of defense contractor A. Huda Farouki.
McAuliffe's Common Good Virginia PAC raised and spent nearly $1 million during the new governor's first six months in office.
- UPDATE: Local Live Music: Jorma Kaukonen concert rescheduled for April 19
- Beaverdam Creek Reservoir to temporarily reopen June 1
- Former Loudoun Democrats chairman who left party launches bid for supervisor
- From quarry to community: Looking at the huge Waterside development application
- Loudoun photographers earn honors, work on display in Herndon