McAuliffe proposes 2-year pilot Medicaid expansion
McAuliffe announced Monday that the federal government said it would not penalize Virginia if it ran a two-year pilot program. McAuliffe said the approval allows the state to try expanding Medicaid eligibility to 400,000 residents with no risk.
House Republicans oppose Medicaid expansion. The federal government has promised to fund the bulk of the expansion.
The fight over Medicaid has led to a budget stalemate and a special session that started Monday.
- EDITORIAL: Diversity must come out from the shadows
- Raider alums set the pace for Hokies
- Finding room: What might get sacrificed in Loudoun’s capital budget for two new schools
- Middleburg, Distilled: Mt. Defiance Cidery and Distillery opens to the public
- UPDATE: Three Loudoun supervisors considering raising taxes to fund education