Metro: Date of Silver Line opening coming soon
Richard Sarles told reporters on a conference call Monday that if all goes well this week, he expects to announce on June 23 an opening date for the $2.9 billion Phase I of the Silver Line.
Asked if the opening could come sometime in July, Sarles would only say the project is in the final stretch.
Phase I includes service from Reston through Tysons Corner at five new stations. The second phase will extend to Dulles International Airport but is years away from completion.
The project has been plagued by delays -- it was supposed to have opened in 2013.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at email@example.com.
- EDITORIAL: The right to know comes home at Montpelier
- Ashburn man who murdered estranged wife receives life sentence
- Report: State salaries to lag private sector by 27 percent
- Pacific Boulevard extension opens as Ashbun man waits for eminent domain trial
- EXCLUSIVE: LCPS officials recommended Dominion teacher for new job after ‘alleged incident’
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.