Metro: Date of Silver Line opening coming soon
Richard Sarles told reporters on a conference call Monday that if all goes well this week, he expects to announce on June 23 an opening date for the $2.9 billion Phase I of the Silver Line.
Asked if the opening could come sometime in July, Sarles would only say the project is in the final stretch.
Phase I includes service from Reston through Tysons Corner at five new stations. The second phase will extend to Dulles International Airport but is years away from completion.
The project has been plagued by delays -- it was supposed to have opened in 2013.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Sister cities bring junkets and jokes, not economic development
- Mayor Fraser cruises to a second term in Purcellville; three incumbents ousted
- U.S. consumer sentiment slips in April
- UPDATE: Nova Medical Group partners with Inova Health System
- Visit Loudoun dishes out annual tourism awards