Metro Silver Line project director resigns
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority announced Wednesday that project director Pat Nowakowski is leaving next month to take a job at another transit agency.
The contractor recently declared it has substantially completed work on the project, but MWAA is still conducting its own review to see whether it concurs. MWAA has already once rejected the contractor's claim that work was finished.
Even though the project was supposed to have been completed months ago, MWAA officials praised Nowakowski's stewardship of the project.
Also Wednesday, the authority said it expects it can keep the current $3.50 fee on the Dulles Toll Road in place through 2018, contingent on receipt of a low-interest federal loan.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Running against the wind in Leesburg mayoral race
- Leesburg photographer launches a dress line with Kickstarter campaign
- Ashburn’s Jason Sturm set to defend World Cup championship title
- Supervisors refuse to conduct $75,000 indoor sports facility study
- Caulkins Jewelers honors its roots after 60 years
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.