Middleburg crash prompts manhunt
According to a report from the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, at around 2 p.m. Jan. 31, a pick-up truck crashed into a tree near Sam Fred Rd. and Sunny Bank Lane in Middleburg. When police arrived at the scene of the wreck, the driver had already left.
Looking at the scene, deputies thought the driver may have been injured. As such, a ground and aerial search was conducted with help from other area law enforcement groups. Additionally, a reverse 911 call was activated to notify area residents.
At 8 a.m. Jan. 1, the driver was located and denied medical treatment.
The crash is still under investigation. The driver's name has not been released, nor has the Sheriff's Office said whether there will be charges pressed.
Be the first to post a comment!
- As Purcellville awaits final report, outrage grows over youth’s shooting
- EDITORIAL: It’s what we don’t know that can hurt us
- Gerald Rubin and Janelia Farm the focus at Chamber luncheon
- The English Beat: A three-decade long punk-reggae party
- Loudoun Valley High School ex-head football coach files grievance