Middleburg crash prompts manhunt
According to a report from the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, at around 2 p.m. Jan. 31, a pick-up truck crashed into a tree near Sam Fred Rd. and Sunny Bank Lane in Middleburg. When police arrived at the scene of the wreck, the driver had already left.
Looking at the scene, deputies thought the driver may have been injured. As such, a ground and aerial search was conducted with help from other area law enforcement groups. Additionally, a reverse 911 call was activated to notify area residents.
At 8 a.m. Jan. 1, the driver was located and denied medical treatment.
The crash is still under investigation. The driver's name has not been released, nor has the Sheriff's Office said whether there will be charges pressed.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EDITORIAL: Fumblerooski on Metro
- GOP gubernatorial hopefuls play nice at first debate
- Loudoun duo hopes to inspire a love of the arts among young people
- Freedom High School student charged with unlawful filming, ‘upskirting’
- Lansdowne HOA votes to remove flowers, memorials for the late Tristan Schulz
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.