Comment sought on proposed power line in Loudoun County
The proposed Pacific 230 kV and substation is located in the Broad Run Board of Supervisors district, several miles north of the Dulles Greenway.
The State Corporation Commission says local public hearings are scheduled for March 18 in Sterling. Discussions will continue in Richmond on June 9 and written comments must be submitted by June 2.
Richmond-based Dominion want to construct the power line on a new right-of-way by cutting into an existing transmission line. The new line would then extend nearly 2 miles to a new substation.
Regulators say because no existing right-of-way is available, Dominion has submitted a proposed route as well as three alternative routes for consideration.
-Times-Mirror staff contributed to this report.
- Comment sought on proposed power line in Loudoun County
- Where it stands: Loudoun County Courts Complex expansion
- Loudoun School Board approves budget worth $1.3 million more than initial proposal
- Leesburg man sentenced to nine years for child molestation
- Sterling man accused in murder-for-hire plot denied bond; has ties to KKK