Name the new Loudoun County park in Sterling
Loudoun's Board of Supervisors recently directed the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services to initiate the public participation process to name the new 7.7-acre park located off Century Boulevard in Sterling.
According to the county's public information office, the site, which contains a segment of the old Vestals Gap Road, will feature interpretive markers about the historic road, benches and a permeable trail.
Those interested in proposing a name for the park can submit the suggestion by email or traditional mail to Steve Torpy, Director, Loudoun County Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services, 20145 Ashbrook Place, Suite 170, Ashburn, VA 20147. The county asks that you include your full name, email/mailing address and phone number.
The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Aug. 29.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Ken Cuccinelli settles lawsuit against conservative PAC
- Former Loudoun sheriff Simpson to make another bid for office
- Teacher of the Year: Mitchell Seipt brings history back to the future
- Nonprofit of the Year: Loudoun Interfaith Relief feeds the hungry, empowers lives
- Citizen of the Year: Scott York leaves his fingerprints on county’s present and future