Name the new Loudoun County park in Sterling
Loudoun's Board of Supervisors recently directed the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services to initiate the public participation process to name the new 7.7-acre park located off Century Boulevard in Sterling.
According to the county's public information office, the site, which contains a segment of the old Vestals Gap Road, will feature interpretive markers about the historic road, benches and a permeable trail.
Those interested in proposing a name for the park can submit the suggestion by email or traditional mail to Steve Torpy, Director, Loudoun County Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services, 20145 Ashbrook Place, Suite 170, Ashburn, VA 20147. The county asks that you include your full name, email/mailing address and phone number.
The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Aug. 29.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Redskins Park renamed in partnership with Inova Hospital
- Loudoun County Fire and Rescue awarded $2 million grant
- A Volunteer’s Venture: Loudoun’s Kannan Srinivasan at the Democratic National Committee
- Loudoun deputies investigating gang-related, underage prostitution ring
- Loudoun detectives seek public’s help in identifying Ashburn armed robbery suspect