Neustar acquires rights to Colombian Internet domain
More than 1.5 million websites currently use the .co domain, according to the .CO Internet company website.
NASDAQ.com reported the company had $21 million in annual revenue in 2013.
The .co domain became popular as a logical addition to branding and shortening links.
Twitter uses its t.co domain to shorten links for sharing, while some other companies like Amazon and Google also snapped up coveted one-letter .co domains.
Neustar is currently in competition with rival telecommunications company Ericsson to win a $450 million government contract to allow cellphone users to switch service providers, but keep their phone number.
Neustar hopes to diversify its revenue stream should it lose the lucrative contract.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Ashburn dog to strut her stuff at Westminster Dog Show
- Redskins-themed restaurant and sports bar to open in One Loudoun
- Allder School Road in Purcellville closed for three weeks
- School leaders present options to ease overcrowding at Mercer Middle School
- WEATHER ALERT: Winter Advisory issued for Friday evening; icy conditions likely