Neustar acquires rights to Colombian Internet domain
More than 1.5 million websites currently use the .co domain, according to the .CO Internet company website.
NASDAQ.com reported the company had $21 million in annual revenue in 2013.
The .co domain became popular as a logical addition to branding and shortening links.
Twitter uses its t.co domain to shorten links for sharing, while some other companies like Amazon and Google also snapped up coveted one-letter .co domains.
Neustar is currently in competition with rival telecommunications company Ericsson to win a $450 million government contract to allow cellphone users to switch service providers, but keep their phone number.
Neustar hopes to diversify its revenue stream should it lose the lucrative contract.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Simms, Dungy likely not to use ‘Redskins’ on TV
- The Beer Joint to open as man cave complete with “Bavarian Girls Next Door”
- Race for Virginia’s 10th: Debate set, endorsements touted
- Hillsboro charter hopeful: school choice the name of the game
- Only natural gas filling station in Northern Virginia hits Loudoun