Neustar acquires rights to Colombian Internet domain
More than 1.5 million websites currently use the .co domain, according to the .CO Internet company website.
NASDAQ.com reported the company had $21 million in annual revenue in 2013.
The .co domain became popular as a logical addition to branding and shortening links.
Twitter uses its t.co domain to shorten links for sharing, while some other companies like Amazon and Google also snapped up coveted one-letter .co domains.
Neustar is currently in competition with rival telecommunications company Ericsson to win a $450 million government contract to allow cellphone users to switch service providers, but keep their phone number.
Neustar hopes to diversify its revenue stream should it lose the lucrative contract.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Orbital to launch Antares rocket Oct. 27 from Wallops Flight Facility
- Comstock’s property taxes raise questions about a central campaign narrative
- Maryland man pleads guilty to Taylorstown home invasion
- Voting advocates fear impact of Virginia’s voter ID law
- Witness in Sterling murder recants testimony