New pharmacy for South Riding
Akina Pharmacy, a new pharmacy and compounding center is now open, serving those in South Riding and along the Route 50 corridor. Together Greg Chase of Ashburn and Bassem Girgis of Fairfax specialize in customized medication through traditional compounding.
The name Akina comes from the Hawaiian word “Kina’Ole,” roughly defined as “doing the right thing, in the right way, for the right person, with the right feeling, the first time.”
Traditional compounding allows for medication to be customized for the needs of a specific patient. Chemically-sensitive patients may require dye-free, sugar-free, alcohol-free or preservative-fee medications that aren’t typically available commercially.
Alternatively, dosage forms and strengths can be modified.
The new pharmacy will operate from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays. Contact the pharmacists at 571-267-5050 or visit Akinapharmacy.com.
Akina Pharmacy is located at 4080 Lafayette Center Drive, Suite 270, in Chantilly.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Northern Virginia search and rescue members return from Nepal
- Leesburg elementary student injured in bus incident
- Mary Watson-DeLauder: At your service
- Holiday travel volume in Virginia expected to be highest in a decade
- MWAA vice president floats idea of residential at Dulles Airport’s ‘Western Lands’