New pharmacy for South Riding
Akina Pharmacy, a new pharmacy and compounding center is now open, serving those in South Riding and along the Route 50 corridor. Together Greg Chase of Ashburn and Bassem Girgis of Fairfax specialize in customized medication through traditional compounding.
The name Akina comes from the Hawaiian word “Kina’Ole,” roughly defined as “doing the right thing, in the right way, for the right person, with the right feeling, the first time.”
Traditional compounding allows for medication to be customized for the needs of a specific patient. Chemically-sensitive patients may require dye-free, sugar-free, alcohol-free or preservative-fee medications that aren’t typically available commercially.
Alternatively, dosage forms and strengths can be modified.
The new pharmacy will operate from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays. Contact the pharmacists at 571-267-5050 or visit Akinapharmacy.com.
Akina Pharmacy is located at 4080 Lafayette Center Drive, Suite 270, in Chantilly.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Virginia State Police asked to investigate Calvary Temple
- Dominion Resources will no longer bill for some charitable donations
- MORE: Friday morning shooting in Sterling leaves teenager dead
- Bluemont, Zephaniah Farm vineyards the stars at first-ever Loudoun Wine Awards
- IndED Academies offers alternative homeschool education
|Hi 94°||Hi 87°|
|Lo 66°||Lo 64°|
As Seen IN PRINT
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.