New sketch released of Sterling robbery suspect
Detectives have now released two sketches based on information garnered from two victims struck the week of Feb. 9.
The most recent robbery occurred Feb. 14 in the area of Stanford Square, near Dulles Town Center mall. A woman was walking back to her apartment when a man approached her and brandished a gun, demanding her wallet and asking her to take off her jacket. When the woman screamed, the suspect ran away.
On Feb. 9, also in Stanford Square, a woman was by her apartment door when a man approached her with a gun, demanding her wallet. In that case, police orchestrated a ground and aerial search, but were unable to find the suspect.
Both these cases are believed to be related to two Dec. 29 incidents where women at Lynnhaven Square and Mckean Court were approached my a strange man with a gun who wanted the wallets from both women and for them to remove clothing.
The suspect is described as a medium-complexion man in his 20s.
The LCSO is currently working with nearby police departments to determine if there have been any other cases.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective M. Grimsley or Detective C. Cunningham of the LCSO's Criminal Investigations Division at 703-777-0475.
- State lawmakers sign letter to ATF opposing proposed ammo ban
- Foodies rejoice part 2: More restaurant options in Loudoun
- Loudoun Commonwealth’s Attorney endorses Noble for sheriff
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse