Newly-designed ABC store opens in Leesburg
LEESBURG, Va. (AP) -- The Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control is celebrating the opening of its newest store that features a new design that's intended to be more shopper-friendly.
Officials say the store in Leesburg is the second of the new store format. Officials marked the store opening on Wednesday.
The so-called "premier store design" leads customers through the store with inlay flooring patterns. The store also has a round tasting bar where vendors will be invited to periodically conduct half-ounce tastings of their products. A metal chandelier decorated with bottles is suspended over the tasting bar. There also is a centrally located customer service center.
According to the department, other stores will gradually be remodeled using the new design concept.
- Gov. McAuliffe vetoes bill limiting license plate readers
- Planting history: Hamilton’s Wegmeyer Farms and Oatlands partner to harvest strawberries in Leesburg
- Sheriff Chapman, Ralph Buona win Loudoun Republican nominations
- From Loudoun to the NFL: Alex Carter drafted in third round by Detroit
- George Mason U. takes over Loudoun Small Business Development Center