Obama makes quick stop in Leesburg
The president was set to arrive in Leesburg at 12:30 p.m. and depart at 1:55 p.m. from Leesburg Executive Airport.
House and Senate Democrats – as well as House and Senate Republicans -- hold annual retreats at the start of each year to discuss policy positions and their platforms.
Obama held closed-door discussions with Senate Democrats in Maryland Wednesday, according to the Associated Press, which reported that the president is making the visits to promote his second-term agenda and keep the party unified.
The AP reported Obama will focus on policies that ensure a “fair playing field” for every American to prosper.
President Bill Clinton is expected to address the Democrats in Lansdowne Friday.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Brewer’s reinstatement comes with an inconvenient truth
- Principal: Loudoun Valley High student injured while trying to climb water tower
- Loudoun once again ranked healthiest county in Virginia
- Teenager charged in connection with stabbing of Leesburg man
- Tributes flood in after death of popular Purcellville teacher
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.