One dead in Potomac Station shooting
Deputies were called to a house on Shadow Terrace around 2:45, where they found two adult family members involved in a physical altercation. The fight ended in gunfire.
Schueyler Francis, 21, was taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where he died from his injuries.
An investigation into the incident is currently ongoing.
This is the fifth fatal shooting in Loudoun County this year. In January, a husband in Aldie killed his wife before turning the gun on himself. Then in March, a Maryland man shot and killed his wife just outside of Leesburg; two weeks later, a Sterling man was shot by his roommate in self-defense. The most recent fatal shooting was in Purcellville, when 17-year-old Christian Sierra was shot by a Purcellville police officer when he allegedly lunged at the cop with a knife. Sierra was threatening suicide during the call.
Additionally, two other Loudoun residents have been murdered this year by other methods.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Running against the wind in Leesburg mayoral race
- Round Hill man charged with DUI, hit and run following Sunday night incident
- Loudoun supervisors, School Board discuss Comprehensive Plan strategies
- Leesburg photographer launches a dress line with Kickstarter campaign
- Ashburn’s Jason Sturm set to defend World Cup championship title
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.