One dead in Potomac Station shooting
Deputies were called to a house on Shadow Terrace around 2:45, where they found two adult family members involved in a physical altercation. The fight ended in gunfire.
Schueyler Francis, 21, was taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where he died from his injuries.
An investigation into the incident is currently ongoing.
This is the fifth fatal shooting in Loudoun County this year. In January, a husband in Aldie killed his wife before turning the gun on himself. Then in March, a Maryland man shot and killed his wife just outside of Leesburg; two weeks later, a Sterling man was shot by his roommate in self-defense. The most recent fatal shooting was in Purcellville, when 17-year-old Christian Sierra was shot by a Purcellville police officer when he allegedly lunged at the cop with a knife. Sierra was threatening suicide during the call.
Additionally, two other Loudoun residents have been murdered this year by other methods.
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition
- UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating stabbing death
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget