One dead in Potomac Station shooting
Deputies were called to a house on Shadow Terrace around 2:45, where they found two adult family members involved in a physical altercation. The fight ended in gunfire.
Schueyler Francis, 21, was taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where he died from his injuries.
An investigation into the incident is currently ongoing.
This is the fifth fatal shooting in Loudoun County this year. In January, a husband in Aldie killed his wife before turning the gun on himself. Then in March, a Maryland man shot and killed his wife just outside of Leesburg; two weeks later, a Sterling man was shot by his roommate in self-defense. The most recent fatal shooting was in Purcellville, when 17-year-old Christian Sierra was shot by a Purcellville police officer when he allegedly lunged at the cop with a knife. Sierra was threatening suicide during the call.
Additionally, two other Loudoun residents have been murdered this year by other methods.
- Former Sen. Jim Webb forms exploratory committee for White House
- 2015 Future Leaders Scholarship Award
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey
- First baby born at Inova’s new Natural Birth Center