UPDATED: One fatality confirmed in Dulles Greenway collision
Frank Elliott, 60, of Walkersville, Md., died at the scene. His passengers, two men, were taken to Fairfax Inova Hospital for treatment of life-threatening injuries.
None of the passengers on the charter bus or its driver were injured, according to Virginia State Police.
The driver of the charter bus, Norman Pleasant, 48, of Washington, D.C., was arrested on unrelated charges. Pleasant, police said, was wanted by the U.S. Marshal's Office and taken into custody at the scene.
He is being held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
Reports indicate Elliott, driving a 2008 Nissan Altima about 3:20 p.m. west on the Dulles Greenway, ran off the left side of the road, spun around and crossed through the median. It then continued into the east lanes and struck a the bus head-on. It was raining heavily at the time of the crash.
The State Police Accident Reconstruction Team continues to investigate the crash.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Loudoun detectives seek public’s help in identifying Ashburn armed robbery suspect
- Supervisors initiate boundary line adjustment process between Middleburg, Loudoun County
- Loudoun deputies investigating gang-related, underage prostitution ring
- Loudoun deputies file new search warrant in Bethany Decker missing person case
- Biometric identification platform opens at Dulles, Reagan Airports