UPDATED: One fatality confirmed in Dulles Greenway collision
Frank Elliott, 60, of Walkersville, Md., died at the scene. His passengers, two men, were taken to Fairfax Inova Hospital for treatment of life-threatening injuries.
None of the passengers on the charter bus or its driver were injured, according to Virginia State Police.
The driver of the charter bus, Norman Pleasant, 48, of Washington, D.C., was arrested on unrelated charges. Pleasant, police said, was wanted by the U.S. Marshal's Office and taken into custody at the scene.
He is being held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
Reports indicate Elliott, driving a 2008 Nissan Altima about 3:20 p.m. west on the Dulles Greenway, ran off the left side of the road, spun around and crossed through the median. It then continued into the east lanes and struck a the bus head-on. It was raining heavily at the time of the crash.
The State Police Accident Reconstruction Team continues to investigate the crash.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Orbital to launch Antares rocket Oct. 27 from Wallops Flight Facility
- Comstock’s property taxes raise questions about a central campaign narrative
- Maryland man pleads guilty to Taylorstown home invasion
- Voting advocates fear impact of Virginia’s voter ID law
- Witness in Sterling murder recants testimony