UPDATE: Incident on Belmont Ridge Road resolved
While members of the Loudoun rescue squad remained tight-lipped about the incident, Fairfax City Manager Bob Sisson confirmed that there was a chlorine gas leak at the City of Fairfax Water Treatment Plant, located at 20500 block on Belmont Ridge Road in Ashburn.
"There was a minor pinhole leak that was well-contained within the plant," Sisson said. "... It was resolved without incident."
The leak caused traffic on Belmont Ridge Road between Hay Road and Chesterton to be blocked off for close to four hours, forcing the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office to re-route traffic and causing slight delays.
A previous gas leak occurred at the plant in 2005.
- Middleburg Charter School faces probation
- Dominion’s Smith to play in U.S. Army All-American Bowl
- Former Redskin Fred Smoot arrested for domestic violence
- Rape story jolts UVA campus; LCPS grads demand changes
- Hops, not houses: How a Lucketts transplant hopes to bring Loudoun back to its agrarian roots