Pedestrian killed on Gloucester in Ashburn
Loudoun County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to the intersection of Gloucester Parkway and Forest Farm Lane in Ashburn at around 9:08 p.m. after receiving calls that a pedestrian had been hit by a car.
Hitenda Laxman Dhingani, 47, was hit by a 2008 Lexus SUV driven by a 61-year-old Leesburg woman. The woman was driving her car westbound when she hit Dhingani in the right lane.
Dhingani was initially taken to Inova Loudoun Hospital in Lansdowne, but was later airlifted to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where he died of his injuries.
The incident is still under investigation, but speed and alcohol are not believed to be factors.
- Budget overview: Supervisors set to finalize fiscal 2016 spending plan Wednesday
- Two Loudoun high schools getting turf fields; Potomac Falls community cries out for attention
- Foodies rejoice part 2: More restaurant options in Loudoun
- Loudoun Commonwealth’s Attorney endorses Noble for sheriff
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices