Pedestrian killed on Gloucester in Ashburn
Loudoun County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to the intersection of Gloucester Parkway and Forest Farm Lane in Ashburn at around 9:08 p.m. after receiving calls that a pedestrian had been hit by a car.
Hitenda Laxman Dhingani, 47, was hit by a 2008 Lexus SUV driven by a 61-year-old Leesburg woman. The woman was driving her car westbound when she hit Dhingani in the right lane.
Dhingani was initially taken to Inova Loudoun Hospital in Lansdowne, but was later airlifted to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where he died of his injuries.
The incident is still under investigation, but speed and alcohol are not believed to be factors.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Increased gun confiscations at Dulles Airport concern TSA
- Man assaulted while walking in Sterling neigborhood
- Leesburg’s PhishMe grows into cyber security powerhouse
- With nearly 79,000 students and growing, Loudoun schools confront change and challenges
- Inaugural HopeFest to kick off Sept. 10 in Leesburg
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.