UPDATE: Portion of Route 7 closed due to crash
According to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office the driver of a westbound 2002 Mini Cooper lost control of their vehicle in the area of Route 7 and the southbound exit for Route 28 about 11 a.m.
The vehicle struck a 2006 Sterling box truck. The truck lost control and went off the roadway and struck a utility pole.
Neither driver was injured.
The driver of the Mini Cooper, Kathryn Freeman, 22, of Middleburg, was charged with reckless driving. The roadway was closed for nearly seven hours as utility crews repaired the downed lines.
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- Loudoun supervisors address increasing student diversity
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter
- Chris Cooley’s Leesburg mansion is still for sale