UPDATE: Portion of Route 7 closed due to crash
According to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office the driver of a westbound 2002 Mini Cooper lost control of their vehicle in the area of Route 7 and the southbound exit for Route 28 about 11 a.m.
The vehicle struck a 2006 Sterling box truck. The truck lost control and went off the roadway and struck a utility pole.
Neither driver was injured.
The driver of the Mini Cooper, Kathryn Freeman, 22, of Middleburg, was charged with reckless driving. The roadway was closed for nearly seven hours as utility crews repaired the downed lines.
- Uptick seen in Loudoun housing market
- Communication breakdown: Lockdown at LCHS spurs discussion on info protocol in schools
- EDITORIAL: Common safety, common sense in the commonwealth
- Unseen crime: 85% of arrests, details about investigations go unreported in Loudoun and Leesburg
- Loudoun County Parkway completion sparks local Republican rift