Presentation on design of Loudoun County Firing Range set for April 15
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office, the Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure and the architectural and engineering firm Clark Nexsen will host a public informational meeting on the design of the new Public Safety Firing Range on April 15 at 7 p.m. at the LCSO headquarters, 803 Sycolin Road in Leesburg.
The firing range is planned to be located on a county-owned parcel on Shreve Mill Road on the south side of the Dulles Greenway. It will replace an existing outdoor facility currently leased by the Sheriff’s Office.
The facility will be a fully contained indoor range to support the Sheriff’s Office training programs, according to the county's public information office.
Additionally, the future Leesburg South Fire and Rescue Station is planned to be co-located on this site, with the design process for the station planned to begin in July 2016.
At the meeting on April 15, representatives of Clark Nexsen, the firm designing the project, and Loudoun County staff will present background and the concept designs developed for the firing range.
Be the first to post a comment!
- MORE: Team Mathias unleashing childhood cancer awareness
- State jobless rate falls to 5.3 percent in October
- Holding court: Falcons, Raiders win state volleyball titles
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey