Purcellville accident caused by fatigue
At around 1:30 p.m., a 76-year-old Lovettsville woman was driving her 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe west at the Route 7/Hillsboro Road bypass in Purcellville. While driving, she fell asleep, drifting her car from the left lane to the median-side of the highway. The SUV hit the guardrail and embankment, flipping and rolling multiple times.
The driver and her passenger, an 85-year-old Lovettsville man, were airlifted to Inova Fairfax. The driver was ultimately released from the hospital, but the passenger died May 24.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Leesburg elementary student injured in bus incident
- Mary Watson-DeLauder: At your service
- Holiday travel volume in Virginia expected to be highest in a decade
- MWAA vice president floats idea of residential at Dulles Airport’s ‘Western Lands’
- VIDEO: Quarry blast in Sterling damages homes, cars; injures one