Purcellville accident caused by fatigue
At around 1:30 p.m., a 76-year-old Lovettsville woman was driving her 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe west at the Route 7/Hillsboro Road bypass in Purcellville. While driving, she fell asleep, drifting her car from the left lane to the median-side of the highway. The SUV hit the guardrail and embankment, flipping and rolling multiple times.
The driver and her passenger, an 85-year-old Lovettsville man, were airlifted to Inova Fairfax. The driver was ultimately released from the hospital, but the passenger died May 24.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Hold the town hall
- Loudoun County chairwoman, economic development officials head to Germany for ‘sister city’ trip
- Driver of Freightliner flatbed truck charged after crashing into Sterling home Friday
- MORE: Small plane crashes near Leesburg Executive Airport
- MORE: Loudoun County teacher charged with DUI, open container inside school
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.