Purcellville accident caused by fatigue
At around 1:30 p.m., a 76-year-old Lovettsville woman was driving her 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe west at the Route 7/Hillsboro Road bypass in Purcellville. While driving, she fell asleep, drifting her car from the left lane to the median-side of the highway. The SUV hit the guardrail and embankment, flipping and rolling multiple times.
The driver and her passenger, an 85-year-old Lovettsville man, were airlifted to Inova Fairfax. The driver was ultimately released from the hospital, but the passenger died May 24.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- ‘Fill-the-Boot’ campaign kicks off Tuesday in Loudoun County
- Patrick Henry College students, alumni plan protest during Mike Pence visit
- Construction continues, VDOT sues as Ashburn man holds on to his home
- Increased gun confiscations at Dulles Airport concern TSA
- Man assaulted while walking in Sterling neigborhood
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.