UPDATE: One arrested, one at large in Purcellville home invasion
One man has been arrested in the Purcellville home invasion case, and police are seeking the whereabouts of a second suspect.
John C. Barwis, 23, of Ashburn was arrested Oct. 15 for his role in the Oct. 14 home invasion robbery of an apartment in Purcellville. Barwis faces charges of robbery and conspiracy to commit robbery.
On Oct. 14, the two men entered the apartment, located on the 100 block of N. 21st Street in Purcellville, at around 11:24 p.m. brandishing guns.
Members of both the Town of Purcellville Police Department and the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office responded to the incident.
With assistance from a Fairfax County Police Department helicopter, both an aerial and ground search was conducted; however, police were unable to locate the suspects that evening.
The person injured in the invasion was taken to the Cornwall Campus of Inova Loudoun Hospital, where he was treated for minor injuries and released.
The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office is still searching for the second man involved, David C. Russell, Jr., 21 of Leesburg. Russell may be driving a white Dodge Charger and often frequents Leesburg and Sterling.
Anyone with any information regarding the whereabouts of Russell is asked to call Detective M. McCaffrey at 703-777-0475. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are asked to call Loudoun County Crime Solvers at 703-777-1919.
Be the first to post a comment!
- UPDATE: Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Person of interest in Bethany Decker disappearance charged with attempted murder in North Carolina
- Loudoun detectives seize large amount of drugs from Sterling hotel; two in custody
- Wine Wednesday: We’re talking grapes by the tons
- EDITORIAL: When law enforcement is more than a matter of faith