Race for Virginia’s 10th: Debate set, endorsements touted
The press conference highlighting the endorsement was held at Dupont Fabros data center in “Data Center Alley” in eastern Loudoun County.
The support from the U.S. Chamber, which leans Republican, comes one week after Comstock was endorsed by former U.S. Sen. John Warner, a Republican who is supporting Democrat Mark Warner in this year's Senate race.
Comstock, who's challenging Democrat John Foust to replace retiring U.S. Rep. Frank Wolf in Virginia's 10th, also recently nabbed the support of the Virginia Association of Realtors and National Association of Realtors.
Foust, meanwhile, was endorsed earlier this month by the International Association of Fire Fighters. The Democrat also has the support of the American Federation of Government Employees and the left-leaning Human Rights Campaign.
Both Foust and Comstock have signed on for a 10th Congressional District debate hosted by the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce Sept. 24.
- Former Sen. Jim Webb forms exploratory committee for White House
- 2015 Future Leaders Scholarship Award
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey
- First baby born at Inova’s new Natural Birth Center