Race for Virginia’s 10th: Debate set, endorsements touted
The press conference highlighting the endorsement was held at Dupont Fabros data center in “Data Center Alley” in eastern Loudoun County.
The support from the U.S. Chamber, which leans Republican, comes one week after Comstock was endorsed by former U.S. Sen. John Warner, a Republican who is supporting Democrat Mark Warner in this year's Senate race.
Comstock, who's challenging Democrat John Foust to replace retiring U.S. Rep. Frank Wolf in Virginia's 10th, also recently nabbed the support of the Virginia Association of Realtors and National Association of Realtors.
Foust, meanwhile, was endorsed earlier this month by the International Association of Fire Fighters. The Democrat also has the support of the American Federation of Government Employees and the left-leaning Human Rights Campaign.
Both Foust and Comstock have signed on for a 10th Congressional District debate hosted by the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce Sept. 24.
- Orbital to launch Antares rocket Oct. 27 from Wallops Flight Facility
- Comstock’s property taxes raise questions about a central campaign narrative
- Maryland man pleads guilty to Taylorstown home invasion
- Voting advocates fear impact of Virginia’s voter ID law
- Witness in Sterling murder recants testimony