Raging Wire looking to expand, build one of the world’s largest data centers in Ashburn
Once completed, the facility would be larger than the 1.1-million-square-foot Equinix Inc. Ashburn campus announced in March.
Both facilities are among the top five largest in the world, according to a list compiled by Forbes.com.
Raging Wire's forthcoming facility is expected to employ 100 people once constructed, according to a fast-track application filed with the county.
“RagingWire will be able to lease space in this facility to thousands of users, including a number of Fortune 5000 companies," said Buddy Rizer, director of Economic Development. "Loudoun’s Data Center Alley is now the data home to most of the top I.T. companies in the U.S. – and will be the future home of the game-changing successors to Google, Facebook and NetFlix.”
The structure would account for more than 14 percent of the expected 8 million square feet of data centers that have been planned for the county.
The facility is expected to operate on more than 77 acres of land zoned for commercial and industrial use.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Foodies rejoice part 2: More restaurant options in Loudoun
- Loudoun Commonwealth’s Attorney endorses Noble for sheriff
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition