Raging Wire looking to expand, build one of the world’s largest data centers in Ashburn
Once completed, the facility would be larger than the 1.1-million-square-foot Equinix Inc. Ashburn campus announced in March.
Both facilities are among the top five largest in the world, according to a list compiled by Forbes.com.
Raging Wire's forthcoming facility is expected to employ 100 people once constructed, according to a fast-track application filed with the county.
“RagingWire will be able to lease space in this facility to thousands of users, including a number of Fortune 5000 companies," said Buddy Rizer, director of Economic Development. "Loudoun’s Data Center Alley is now the data home to most of the top I.T. companies in the U.S. – and will be the future home of the game-changing successors to Google, Facebook and NetFlix.”
The structure would account for more than 14 percent of the expected 8 million square feet of data centers that have been planned for the county.
The facility is expected to operate on more than 77 acres of land zoned for commercial and industrial use.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Simms, Dungy likely not to use ‘Redskins’ on TV
- The Beer Joint to open as man cave complete with “Bavarian Girls Next Door”
- Race for Virginia’s 10th: Debate set, endorsements touted
- Hillsboro charter hopeful: school choice the name of the game
- Only natural gas filling station in Northern Virginia hits Loudoun