Report: Loudoun remains wealthiest county in the country
The numbers are down from last year, but were still enough to beat out second place Los Alamos, N.M. by $9,000 per household.
Because Virginia separates county census rankings from city rankings Falls Church is actually listed by the Census Bureau at number one reporting a $120,250 median household income.
Fairfax, Arlington, and Prince William also finished in the top 12 finishing 4th, 6th, and 12th respectively.
Only Maryland, Virginia, New Mexico and New Jersey have counties with more than a $100,000 median household income.
All but two of the counties reporting six-figure median household incomes were in the DMV.
Falls Church city 121,250
Prince William 93,011
- More costs, delays for Metro’s Silver Line to Loudoun
- Wason Center poll: Jeb Bush surpasses Hillary Clinton in Virginia
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter