Report: Loudoun remains wealthiest county in the country
The numbers are down from last year, but were still enough to beat out second place Los Alamos, N.M. by $9,000 per household.
Because Virginia separates county census rankings from city rankings Falls Church is actually listed by the Census Bureau at number one reporting a $120,250 median household income.
Fairfax, Arlington, and Prince William also finished in the top 12 finishing 4th, 6th, and 12th respectively.
Only Maryland, Virginia, New Mexico and New Jersey have counties with more than a $100,000 median household income.
All but two of the counties reporting six-figure median household incomes were in the DMV.
Falls Church city 121,250
Prince William 93,011
- Supervisors grant property tax relief for two GOP-friendly groups
- 200,000 in Va. may lack proper ID needed to vote
- TV ads, outside spending hit Virginia 10th District race
- ‘The Daily Show’ airs controversial Redskins segment
- Man sentenced to more than two years for skimming credit cards from Loudoun restaurant