Report: Loudoun remains wealthiest county in the country
The numbers are down from last year, but were still enough to beat out second place Los Alamos, N.M. by $9,000 per household.
Because Virginia separates county census rankings from city rankings Falls Church is actually listed by the Census Bureau at number one reporting a $120,250 median household income.
Fairfax, Arlington, and Prince William also finished in the top 12 finishing 4th, 6th, and 12th respectively.
Only Maryland, Virginia, New Mexico and New Jersey have counties with more than a $100,000 median household income.
All but two of the counties reporting six-figure median household incomes were in the DMV.
Falls Church city 121,250
Prince William 93,011
- Virginia lawmakers express concerns over proposed EPA rules
- Rolling Stone article on culture of rape at UVA: ‘Instantly all anyone could talk about’
- Eastern District collects $24 million in debts in fiscal 2014
- Mathias and his team unleashing childhood cancer awareness
- ‘This is My Brave’: Community responds to growing suicide, depression rates