Runs to Space Station propel Orbital Sciences Corp. to a record quarter
The company used the first of eight cargo delivery missions to the International Space Station to drive Q4 earnings.
Orbital Sciences has the highest revenue of any publicly traded company in Loudoun County, taking in $1.37 billion in 2013.
"Orbital ended the year with a good fourth quarter. Revenues were up 6 percent to a new quarterly record of $375 million," said David W. Thompson, the co-founder, chairman, CEO and president of Orbital, in a conference call.
The company is expected to run at least seven more missions to the International Space Station, with the possibility for more.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Loudoun detectives investigate alleged brothel in South Riding
- Ashburn woman charged in gas station armed robbery
- Loudoun man with history of computer fraud sentenced for stealing $227K from his mother
- New ownership at Lovettsville’s Mad Horse taps into community support
- Middleburg businesses cope with ‘Middleburg prices’
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.