Runs to Space Station propel Orbital Sciences Corp. to a record quarter
The company used the first of eight cargo delivery missions to the International Space Station to drive Q4 earnings.
Orbital Sciences has the highest revenue of any publicly traded company in Loudoun County, taking in $1.37 billion in 2013.
"Orbital ended the year with a good fourth quarter. Revenues were up 6 percent to a new quarterly record of $375 million," said David W. Thompson, the co-founder, chairman, CEO and president of Orbital, in a conference call.
The company is expected to run at least seven more missions to the International Space Station, with the possibility for more.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EDITORIAL: The right to know comes home at Montpelier
- Driver charged in Lansdowne infant’s death to face trial next year
- 21st Century Cures Act receives bipartisan support from Warner, Kaine and Comstock
- Judge to decide whether to overturn Ashburn murder conviction
- MORE: Parents of teen suicide victim sue Loudoun County Public Schools counselor for $5M
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.