Safe snow shoveling
*Stretch before you go out to warm up your body.
*Avoid overexertion. Cold weather puts an extra strain on your heart.
*Stay hydrated. Drink water and avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
*Pace yourself and take frequent breaks.
Removing snow is important, particularly around fire hydrants, which are necessary for emergencies. The county also reminded businesses to remove snow around emergency exits.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Stone Bridge rallies past O’Connell in hockey championship game
- MORE: Va. lawmakers approve budget with state pay raises
- Woodgrove high schooler to take Philly Eagles linebacker to prom
- Growing Islamophobia a concern for ADAMS Center in Sterling
- The beat goes on: Fund our schools, Loudoun education advocates plead