Safe snow shoveling
*Stretch before you go out to warm up your body.
*Avoid overexertion. Cold weather puts an extra strain on your heart.
*Stay hydrated. Drink water and avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
*Pace yourself and take frequent breaks.
Removing snow is important, particularly around fire hydrants, which are necessary for emergencies. The county also reminded businesses to remove snow around emergency exits.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- 100WomenStrong receives grant from SunTrust to enhance education programs
- Maryland man sent to prison for sexually assaulting Loudoun teen
- Sterling man to serve 5 years for in-home daycare molestation
- 80-year-old man brandishes firearm at Sterling trash collector
- Meet your 2016 Loudoun County Future Leaders