Second suspect arrested in Leesburg shooting
A second suspect has been arrested in connection with shots being fired at a Catoctin Circle home in Leesburg June 2.
Ian Isme, 23, was arrested June 24 at an apartment on Fort Evans Road NE in Leesburg. Isme is currently being held without bond at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center. He is charged with shooting from a vehicle.
Isme's brother, Manuel Gonzalez, was arrested June 7 for his participation in the shooting and charged with conspiracy to commit a felony. Gonzalez, 21, is also being held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center without bond.
Leesburg Police initially received reports of a shooting June 2 at around 9:45 p.m. in the Catoctin Circle and Valley View Avenue SW area. Officers found bullet casings in the road in the 200 block of Valley View Avenue, but there were no reports of injury or property damage.
Later, at approximately 4:25 a.m., a resident in the 100 block of Catoctin Circle SW reported finding bullet holes in the front of their home.
Callers wishing to remain anonymous can call the Leesburg Crime Line at 703-443-TIPS or use TIPSUBMIT from a smart phone or a computer. Links to TIPSUBMIT can be found on the police department’s website at http://www.leesburgva.gov/police.
- Leesburg gas station robbed of cigarettes, cash
- Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce president receives statewide award
- Loudoun County Sheriff deputies honored for handling of suicide attempt
- Briar Woods alum talks about World Cup experience
- Loudoun County officials: State law dictates Confederate statue must stay