Updated: Sheriff’s office investigating shooting death in Sterling
Blake W. Roberts, 31, was shot following an altercation with his roommate, whose name is still currently being withheld from the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
According to a report from the LCSO, police were called around 12:45 a.m. to a home on the 45000 block of Trestle Terrace following reports of a gunshot.
Roberts was taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where he died from his injuries.
LCSO has told residents there is no threat to the community and have said Robert's roommate is cooperating with investigators.
An autopsy report is currently pending, and the Commonwealth Attorney's Office is still reviewing evidence.
This is the third fatal shooting in Loudoun County this year.
On Jan. 7, Sodhi Singh Chanal, 43, killed his wife, Mandeep Chanal, 36, and shot and injured his mother-in-law before committing suicide in Aldie. Two months later, on March 11, Kelvin Forde, 55, of Baltimore shot his wife, Ruby Forde, 55, as the couple drove from Baltimore to Loudoun to visit relatives. Three people were killed in Loudoun in 2013.
This is an ongoing story. More information will be released as it becomes available.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Planting history: Hamilton’s Wegmeyer Farms and Oatlands partner to harvest strawberries in Leesburg
- Sheriff Chapman, Ralph Buona win Loudoun Republican nominations
- From Loudoun to the NFL: Alex Carter drafted in third round by Detroit
- George Mason U. takes over Loudoun Small Business Development Center
- Possible gang members attempt recruitment of Sterling Middle students