Sheriff’s Office: Victim in Sterling shooting was targeted
The case remains under investigation, and more details will be released as they become available, according to the LCSO.
There is no threat to the community, LCSO says.
The shooting occurred around 10 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of S. Midland Avenue in Sterling. Deputies arrived on scene and found an adult male suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg.
Witnesses reported that two unknown male suspects approached the victim and a verbal altercation ensued. Both suspects brandished firearms and one on the suspects shot the victim. The suspects then fled the scene.
Both are described as black males were wearing dark clothing and bandannas over their faces at the time of the incident.
The area was searched with the assistance of the Fairfax County Police helicopter. No suspects were located.
The victim has since been treated and released from a local hospital.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Brewer’s reinstatement comes with an inconvenient truth
- Serenity now: The Woodhouse Day Spa to host grand opening
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office K9 takes down Sterling woman
- The alleged ‘Incognito Bandit’ bank robber arrested at Dulles Airport
- Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office makes five drunken driving arrests over the weekend
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.