Silver Line to link Smithsonian’s space museum
WASHINGTON (AP) -- When Metro's new Silver Line opens later this month, it will provide the first public transportation link between the National Air and Space Museum's locations in D.C. and northern Virginia.
Beginning July 26, when the Silver Line launches, Fairfax County will begin running a bus from Metro's Wiehle-Reston East station to the Smithsonian's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia. The Fairfax Connector Route 983 will run every 20 minutes.
Metro's Silver Line also will have a stop near the National Air and Space Museum on the National Mall at the L'Enfant Plaza station.
Museum Director J.R. "Jack" Dailey says bridging the 28-mile distance between the two locations will help the museum serve more people. Admission for both buildings is free.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Loudoun could play role in DC’s Olympic bid
- Leesburg Police responded to more than 4,600 calls for service in July
- Comstock, Foust take 10th District debate stage Wednesday
- Partisanship an issue at Warner-Gillespie forum
- Sterling man charged in fatal drunk driving case among 49 indicted by grand jury