Snow plow driver killed in Ashburn
According to a release from the Virginia State Police, the wreck occurred just before 6 a.m. on Belmont Ridge Road near the intersection of Chesterton Street in Ashburn. A Virginia Department of Transportation contract worker had pulled his truck on the right shoulder of the road and was standing near the back of the truck when he was hit by another VDOT dump truck.
The victim was taken to the Inova Loudoun Hospital, where he died.
The driver of the second truck was not hurt.
The name of the man killed in the crash is being withheld as police notify next of kin. The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
With more than a foot of snow of the ground, county officials are urging people to stay off the roads.
According to state police, as of 6:30 a.m., the Fairfax Division of the Virginia State Police, which includes Loudoun County, had already responded to 44 crashes and 64 disabled vehicles and received 258 calls for service. Across the state, there have been more than 800 crashes since the storm began.
Be the first to post a comment!
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter
- Chris Cooley’s Leesburg mansion is still for sale
- Maureen McDonnell: Corruption trial was unfair