Some Loudoun school buses further delayed due to icy roads
In spite of modified bus schedules in parts of Western Loudoun and the outskirts of Leesburg, some buses are still struggling to pick up students.
“We've had about 23 buses delayed today, mainly on back roads,” said Wayde Byard, public information officer for LCPS.
Byard said that the delays weren't due to accidents with the buses; in many cases, other cars had been involved in accidents or people had abandon their cars earlier, clogging roads.
“We're still waiting for clearance and we will get the buses moving,” Byard assured.
Byard also added that the students riding on the late buses are accounted for.
Many bus stops on the gravel roads in Western Loudoun and the outskirts of Leesburg saw alternate pick-ups this morning. A full list of the alternate routes are available on the Loudoun County Public Schools website here.
According to the LCPS website, buses used the modified bus stops earlier this week on Jan. 8.
For questions or more information, contact the transportation department at 571-252-1700.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Northern Virginia search and rescue members return from Nepal
- Leesburg elementary student injured in bus incident
- Mary Watson-DeLauder: At your service
- Holiday travel volume in Virginia expected to be highest in a decade
- MWAA vice president floats idea of residential at Dulles Airport’s ‘Western Lands’