South Riding man charged with DUID; passenger in critical condition
Dilgeer Singh, 18, was charged with DUID, according to Loudoun County Sheriff's Office reports.
Reports said Singh was speeding north on Loudoun County Parkway about 10:49 a.m. when he hit a 2004 Toyota Sienna that was attempting to turn east onto Center Street.
The Toyota Sienna overturned, trapping its driver inside the vehicle. Singh was also trapped inside the BMW.
The BMW's front seat passenger was flown to Inova Fairfax Hospital with life-threatening injuries and was in critical condition as of Friday morning.
The three other occupants of the BMW and the driver of the Toyota Sienna were taken by ambulance to Inova Fairfax hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. A preliminary investigation determined Singh was driving well above the posted speed limit when he hit the Toyota Sienna driven by a South Riding man.
The driver, front seat passenger and a rear passenger of the BMW were all not to be wearing seatbelts at the time of the collision.
The scene was processed by investigators from the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Crash Reconstruction Unit. The roadway was closed for approximately four hours for the investigation.
Any witnesses to the crash, who have not already spoken to law enforcement, are asked to contact Investigator R. Beach at 703-777- 1021.
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition
- UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating stabbing death
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances