Sterling man arrested after high-speed chase
Melvin A. Zelaya, 19, was charged with felony eluding, reckless driving, driving on a suspended license, inadequate exhaust system and defective equipment.
The 1:03 p.m. incident began in the 45900 block of Denizen Plaza in Sterling where a deputy saw Zelaya recklessly driving.
The deputy attempted to stop the vehicle but the driver fled and continued to travel at a high rate of speed.
Deputies lost contact with the driver when he exited onto Algonkian Parkway. The vehicle was later located and the driver was identified.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Dominion’s Smith to play in U.S. Army All-American Bowl
- Former Redskin Fred Smoot arrested for domestic violence
- Rape story jolts UVA campus; LCPS grads demand changes
- Hops, not houses: How a Lucketts transplant hopes to bring Loudoun back to its agrarian roots
- Rezoning requests would mean major changes for Brambleton