Sterling man arrested after high-speed chase
Melvin A. Zelaya, 19, was charged with felony eluding, reckless driving, driving on a suspended license, inadequate exhaust system and defective equipment.
The 1:03 p.m. incident began in the 45900 block of Denizen Plaza in Sterling where a deputy saw Zelaya recklessly driving.
The deputy attempted to stop the vehicle but the driver fled and continued to travel at a high rate of speed.
Deputies lost contact with the driver when he exited onto Algonkian Parkway. The vehicle was later located and the driver was identified.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Transcript: Chairwoman Randall’s first ‘State of Loudoun County’
- AT&T says proposed Short Hill site not a ‘data center’
- Board of Supervisors advances controversial crumb rubber turf testing
- Catoctin skate park sparks controversy in Leesburg
- Loudoun County farmer Andrew Crush named one of America’s Best Young Farmers