Sterling man arrested after high-speed chase
Melvin A. Zelaya, 19, was charged with felony eluding, reckless driving, driving on a suspended license, inadequate exhaust system and defective equipment.
The 1:03 p.m. incident began in the 45900 block of Denizen Plaza in Sterling where a deputy saw Zelaya recklessly driving.
The deputy attempted to stop the vehicle but the driver fled and continued to travel at a high rate of speed.
Deputies lost contact with the driver when he exited onto Algonkian Parkway. The vehicle was later located and the driver was identified.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Commentary: In Loudoun, a mismatch between need and affluence
- McAuliffe signs bills fighting opioid crisis, including measures from Wexton, LaRock
- After months of delays, supervisors deny One Loudoun rezoning in hostile vote
- Loudoun County’s multi-million dollar ERP problems continue
- More than 40 Oscar nominations for Middleburg Film Festival titles, actors
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.