Sterling man arrested following high-speed chase
Otto Herrarte-Molina, 57, was charged with reckless driving, hit and run and eluding. He remains held on no bond at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
A deputy on patrol at about 7:34 p.m. saw Herrarte-Molina driving on the wrong side of the road on Commerce Street in Sterling, according to reports.
As the deputy initiated a traffic stop, Herrarte-Molina drove over a curb and into a parking lot. He then turned onto Enterprise Street and increased his speed as the deputy activated his emergency equipment.
Harrarte-Molina struck another vehicle and continued to flee. He then lost control as he attempted to make a turn onto East Maple Avenue.
No serious injuries were reported.
Be the first to post a comment!
- From quarry to community: Looking at the huge Waterside development application
- Loudoun photographers earn honors, work on display in Herndon
- MORE: Critics say Virginia ethics bill won’t prevent another scandal
- West End Wine Bar and Pub to open in Purcellville
- Local Live Music: Jorma Kaukonen’s in no hurry