Sterling man arrested following high-speed chase
Otto Herrarte-Molina, 57, was charged with reckless driving, hit and run and eluding. He remains held on no bond at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
A deputy on patrol at about 7:34 p.m. saw Herrarte-Molina driving on the wrong side of the road on Commerce Street in Sterling, according to reports.
As the deputy initiated a traffic stop, Herrarte-Molina drove over a curb and into a parking lot. He then turned onto Enterprise Street and increased his speed as the deputy activated his emergency equipment.
Harrarte-Molina struck another vehicle and continued to flee. He then lost control as he attempted to make a turn onto East Maple Avenue.
No serious injuries were reported.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Great night to be a Viking: Valley wins three Conference 28 championships
- Group focuses on ‘Building the new Northern Virginia economy’
- MORE: Footage shows 263 missing Loudoun SAT tests left building in UPS possession
- Farm-to-Fork brings together Loudoun—both east and west
- Reston man sentenced to 29 years for rape of child