Sterling men arrested for burglary
Michael W. Jenkins, 22, and Shane C. Peterman, 26, were charged with burglary with intent to commit a felony or larceny. Peterman was also charged with drunk in public, according to a Loudoun County Sheriff's Office report released Friday.
Deputies were called to the home about 1:30 a.m. by a resident who said he heard someone knocking on the door. He then said he saw a flashlight pointed through a window and barricaded himself inside a bathroom, where he called 9-1-1.
As the resident was speaking to dispatchers, he heard breaking glass, believing the men were inside his home.
Deputies quickly responded to the home and established a perimeter after the men were seen running from the home's backyard.
The men were found in the area of South Buckingham and East Tazewell roads.
“The resident provided accurate and and timely information while ensuring his own safety,” said Loudoun Sheriff Mike Chapman in a prepared statement.. “Combined with our deputies’ quick response in establishing a perimeter, we were able to apprehend these suspects before they could commit more crimes in the county.”
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Virginia senator and former governor Tim Kaine to be Clinton’s running mate
- Supervisors approve draft-scope of work for nonprofit needs assessment
- NAACP leader calls Loudoun County Public Schools’ diversity training ‘a joke’
- Warner Construction awarded $7.3 million contract to build Kirkpatrick Fire and Rescue Station
- Loudoun supervisors approve MOA between county and Loudoun Museum