Sterling pedestrian killed by drunken driver
Jeffrey A. Carter, 53, died from his injuries at Inova Loudoun's Lansdowne campus following the 10 p.m. incident, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
The driver of the 2010 Ford Explorer who hit Carter is Pierpaolo Verrone, 47, of Sterling. He was charged with DUI and is being held at the Loudoun Adult Detention Center.
According to reports, Carter was attempting to cross Cascades Parkway, just south of Middlefield Drive, when he was hit by a northbound Verrone.
Verrone stayed at the scene following the crash, deputies said.
The crash is under investigation by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office Crash Reconstruction Unit.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Loudoun detectives investigate alleged brothel in South Riding
- Ashburn woman charged in gas station armed robbery
- Loudoun man with history of computer fraud sentenced for stealing $227K from his mother
- New ownership at Lovettsville’s Mad Horse taps into community support
- Middleburg businesses cope with ‘Middleburg prices’
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.