Sterling pedestrian killed by drunken driver
Jeffrey A. Carter, 53, died from his injuries at Inova Loudoun's Lansdowne campus following the 10 p.m. incident, according to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
The driver of the 2010 Ford Explorer who hit Carter is Pierpaolo Verrone, 47, of Sterling. He was charged with DUI and is being held at the Loudoun Adult Detention Center.
According to reports, Carter was attempting to cross Cascades Parkway, just south of Middlefield Drive, when he was hit by a northbound Verrone.
Verrone stayed at the scene following the crash, deputies said.
The crash is under investigation by the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office Crash Reconstruction Unit.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- MORE: Loudoun School Board adopts $1 billion budget
- Police investigating sexual assault at NOVA Loudoun campus
- FCi Federal awarded $415 million contract
- Leesburg’s Morven Park discusses renovation plans over pints
- House of Delegates committee kills two full-day kindergarten bills from Loudoun lawmakers