Sterling townhouse fire displaces 15
Loudoun County Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management personnel from seven stations were called May 19 to the 200 block of St. John Square in Sterling Park at around 3:53 a.m. Responders found a fire in the backyard of a townhouse that spread up the exterior of the house and into the attic and roof of the adjacent units.
Two of the homes sustained significant fire and smoke damage and a third and fourth home had smoke damage, displacing 15 people. All those displaced were able to evacuate without injury.
The Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire was caused by improperly extinguishing an outdoor fire pit. The office estimates $450,000 in total damages.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Uptick seen in Loudoun housing market
- Communication breakdown: Lockdown at LCHS spurs discussion on info protocol in schools
- EDITORIAL: Common safety, common sense in the commonwealth
- Unseen crime: 85% of arrests, details about investigations go unreported in Loudoun and Leesburg
- Loudoun County Parkway completion sparks local Republican rift