Sterling townhouse fire displaces 15
Loudoun County Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management personnel from seven stations were called May 19 to the 200 block of St. John Square in Sterling Park at around 3:53 a.m. Responders found a fire in the backyard of a townhouse that spread up the exterior of the house and into the attic and roof of the adjacent units.
Two of the homes sustained significant fire and smoke damage and a third and fourth home had smoke damage, displacing 15 people. All those displaced were able to evacuate without injury.
The Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire was caused by improperly extinguishing an outdoor fire pit. The office estimates $450,000 in total damages.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- ‘Fill-the-Boot’ campaign kicks off Tuesday in Loudoun County
- Patrick Henry College students, alumni plans protest during Mike Pence visit
- Construction continues, VDOT sues as Ashburn man holds on to his home
- Increased gun confiscations at Dulles Airport concern TSA
- Man assaulted while walking in Sterling neigborhood
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.